They can be constructed by either welding or brazing and can be configured with Hexagonal, Square, Spiral Wrap or Flexible Elcomb™ cells.
- Flow Straighteners: Remove disturbances and create laminar flow while achieving nearly-fully developed velocity profiles.
- Chemical Processing: Heat conduction.
- Flame Arrestors: Restricts the transmission of flame from the unprotected side to the protected side of device or tank.
- Particle Filtering: Traps solid particulates present in fluid streams.
- EMI/EMF Shielding: Blocks Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) of various wavelengths.
- Acoustic Liners: Used to damp engine noise on aircraft engines employing the Helmholtz resonance principle.
- Catalytic Substrates: High temperature substrate for catalytic converters.
- Light Collimators: Used to create parallel light rays to reduce divergence.
- Energy Absorption: Used to absorb or dissipate energy by compressive deformation.
- Waterjet Support Bed: Used in the cutting of food products such as pastry, fruits and vegetables.